TWEET-TWEET-TWEET
1. Do you think that Khadijah’s comments about her teacher, that he “lives at home with his mom, eats fish sticks for dinner, and all he talks about is Star Wars” were appropriate? Explain.
I personally think that Khadijah's comments about her teacher was appropriate. I thought it was appropriate because she was just feeling angry at that time and twitter is one way to express your feelings. I know how she felt like because at times I feel like that towards my teacher. I am guessing the teacher did or said something that offended her or got her angry so she just wanted to get back at him with out getting in trouble. These comments are not as offensive as i thought it could be if a student was going to get suspended for them.
2.What is your opinion on the suspension of these students? Was it reasonable for the school board to enforce such a punishment? Why or why not?
My opinion on the suspension of these students is that it was wrong. I believe that the school was over reacting in the situation. I am pretty sure that students in that school, even all around the world do these types of things in social media. It was not reasonable for the school board to enforce such punishments because I am pretty sure that they know everyone in the school has done it too. A warning for ALL nine students would have been reasonable since it was the first time the school has ever done it. If they did not want students saying comments, they should have WARNED all students before.Unless the school lay's down a rule of not allowing students to comment on teachers on twitter or any social sites, i believe the students had the right to do that.
3. How do you feel about the reaction of the students – that they should be able to share their opinions freely? Is it okay to post this sort of thing on social media websites like Twitter?
I personally think that the students reactions are appropriate and reasonable Students should be able to share their opinions freely because they do have their own accounts and I think that is the purpose of twitter and social media sites. Twitter is a place where you can express your feelings and type whatever you want because it is your own account. You made it so people could know a lot about you and could know your feelings. When teenagers are angry they usually "tweet" it because they know that other students will see it too so then they will have a sense of connection so they dont feel alone. I believe opinions through media is a better way of letting your anger out. I guess teachers would want us to offend them face to face, because all students know that teacher's know we do talk about them, and not all of them are good comments. Therefore, it is okay to post this sort of thing on social media websites like twitter!
2.What is your opinion on the suspension of these students? Was it reasonable for the school board to enforce such a punishment? Why or why not?
My opinion on the suspension of these students is that it was wrong. I believe that the school was over reacting in the situation. I am pretty sure that students in that school, even all around the world do these types of things in social media. It was not reasonable for the school board to enforce such punishments because I am pretty sure that they know everyone in the school has done it too. A warning for ALL nine students would have been reasonable since it was the first time the school has ever done it. If they did not want students saying comments, they should have WARNED all students before.Unless the school lay's down a rule of not allowing students to comment on teachers on twitter or any social sites, i believe the students had the right to do that.
3. How do you feel about the reaction of the students – that they should be able to share their opinions freely? Is it okay to post this sort of thing on social media websites like Twitter?
I personally think that the students reactions are appropriate and reasonable Students should be able to share their opinions freely because they do have their own accounts and I think that is the purpose of twitter and social media sites. Twitter is a place where you can express your feelings and type whatever you want because it is your own account. You made it so people could know a lot about you and could know your feelings. When teenagers are angry they usually "tweet" it because they know that other students will see it too so then they will have a sense of connection so they dont feel alone. I believe opinions through media is a better way of letting your anger out. I guess teachers would want us to offend them face to face, because all students know that teacher's know we do talk about them, and not all of them are good comments. Therefore, it is okay to post this sort of thing on social media websites like twitter!
I agree with your opinions and I think that the school did overreact.
ReplyDeleteThe students opinions are irrelevant and they should just accept it as it is.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your opinion. I don't 100% agree with your response to the first question, but I do think that the school overreacted by suspending the students. Your post was very well written and opinionated. c:
ReplyDelete